MUST WATCH (VIDEO) : This Selena Gomez's speech will surely make you cry!!!

Share it:
Selena Gomez broke down in tears as she spoke bravely about her battle with anxiety and depression while on stage at the American Music Awards on Sunday.

The 24-year-old beauty picked up the award for favorite female pop/rock artist and gave an inspiring speech about the health issues which caused her to seek treatment and take a break from the spotlight earlier this year.
Selena Gomez
Gomez bravely addressed the crowd at the Microsoft Theater in LA saying: ‘In 2014 this stage was actually the first time that I was authentically 100% honest with all of you,  I think it’s safe to say most of you know a lot of my life whether I liked it or not. I had to stop, I had everything and I was absolutely broken inside,’ she continued as her voice shook with emotion.
Selena Gomez
The Same Old Love singer admitted that part of her problem had been working too hard to please everyone. ‘I kept it all together enough to where I would never let you down, but I kept it too much together, to where I let myself down.’ The former Disney actress then reflected on social media culture and told the enthusiastic crowd that she no longer seeks that type of validation.
Selena Gomez
‘I don’t wanna see your bodies on Instagram, I wanna see what’s in here,’ the actress said while motioning to her heart. ‘I’m not trying to get validation nor do I need it anymore. All I can say is that from the bottom of my heart I’m so grateful to be able to share what I love every single day with the people that I love.’
Selena Gomez
‘You guys are so damn loyal and I don’t know what I did to deserve you.’ Selena concluded her speech saying, ‘If you’re broken, you do not have to stay broken,  And if that’s anything, whether you respect me or not, that’s one thing you should know about me, is that I care about people.’
Selena Gomez
As the celeb packed audience cheered for the former child star, the camera panned to Lady Gaga who appeared to be overcome with pride for her friend. Sunday was a triumphant return to the spotlight for Selena who has taken a three-month hiatus from her career to focus on her health.
Selena Gomez
Selena Gomez walked the red carpet at the AMA’s and looked radiant in a scarlet Prada gown. Gomez checked into a facility in Nashville, Tennessee, to ‘focus on her mental health’ in September. She explained she was taking some time off after suffering from ‘anxiety, panic attacks and depression’ because of her lupus condition. 
Selena Gomez
WATCH VIDEO



A source close to the singer told Us Weekly magazine at the time: ‘Selena is dealing with lupus, but this break is to focus on her mental health. She can go to a very dark place.’
Selena told her fans at the time: ‘As many of you know, around a year ago I revealed that I have lupus, an illness that can affect people in different ways. ‘I’ve discovered that anxiety, panic attacks and depression can be side effects of lupus, which can present their own challenges. I want to be proactive and focus on maintaining my health and happiness and have decided that the best way forward is to take some time off.’
Share it:

gist

Post A Comment:

0 comments: